When is it the right time to check the symptoms before labor begins? First-time mothers may be especially nervous throughout their pregnancy. Making you thrive through your pregnancy journey is what we aim for. Labor is one such thing that comes in pregnancy, so here are some Delivery Tips.
Every woman’s experience of pregnancy and all that goes with it, including same, can be different. However, there are a few common signs that can forewarn that you are going into it. These tell-tale signs are often most recognized in retrospect, to estimate when it might have started.
Before we delve into what it feels like, it is pertinent that we discuss ‘false labor.’
Before the start of your ‘true labor,’ false can occurs. It is also known as Braxton Hicks contractions.
Braxton Hicks contractions are a tightening in your abdomen that comes and goes. They are contractions of your uterus in preparation for giving birth. They tone the muscles in your uterus and may also help prepare the cervix for birth. It can begin as early as 4 months, and it is the body’s way of preparing for actual labor. So how would you know the difference between Braxton Hicks and other contractions? There is a very simple difference. Braxton Hicks contractions do not increase in intensity, nor do they start occurring more frequently with time. Actual it contractions, on the other hand, start to occur closer together, before you are ready for delivery.
This brings us to the signs that labor is 24 to 48 hours away.
Symptoms before labor begins
Pre-labor, or the latent phase, is what you need to look out for. These are the signs that labor is not far away
- Pain in the lower back, which is quite similar to pre-menstrual cramps
- Painful contractions that come and go
- Some women feel nauseated as active labor begins
- You may also feel some leg cramps while being in active labor
- Water breaking: Leaking amniotic fluid may indicate the need to contact your doctor, though birthing may still be far away. If your water breaks, notify your doctor as early as possible. This is when will the hospital admit you for labor. Most women go into labor within 24 hours of their water breaking.
- Blood-tinged mucus discharge, which indicates the passing of the mucus plug of the cervix: This is a sign that indicates that it may be approaching.
- Feeling unusually restless or anxious
- Upset stomach or diarrhea
- Disrupted sleep
During early stage of it, it is common to feel confused. But you must keep calm and go for walks, get lots of rest, drink plenty of fluids, and eat appropriately—to prepare for what lies ahead. Listen to your body, and watch out for signs. You will tend to talk less as active of it approaches. You will also start focusing more on your breathing and visualization as the grand finale of your pregnancy approaches.
Get ready now with your packed hospital bag, and get going!
Healthcare Plan For New Moms And Dads In The Workforce
Onsurity employee healthcare plans make sure to keep a mother’s and her child’s health on a priority and that is why we have a feature to let you add your family members to the healthcare plan too.
Get access to a complete healthcare package which includes group health insurance and other benefits like doctor teleconsultations, discounted medicines, access to fitness sessions and webinars.
If you are a team member and looking for affordable healthcare benefits, refer us to your company HR or if you are already an Employer/HR, you can subscribe to our plan today, click on the button below to check out our membership plans for your employee’s healthcare and their family for their safety and better health.